psd to Joomla is an open source content management system with a web based modular framework. Joomla is fully compliant with all web standards and is built on the concept of collaboration with developers having the ability to add extensions to the modular framework as required. The basic core functionality is what constitutes Joomla, and customized modules added to the core provide added functionality for users.
Joomla can be used to build just about anything from a corporate website, to a resource directory or even an image gallery to an intranet site for an organization. Joomla is thriving on a dedicated user base of designers, developers, administrators and users alike who keep adding modules and apps to improve the functionality of Psd to Joomla.
Joomla is organic in the sense that it the capability to evolve as required. If a user is not happy with a certain functionality, he can build an application to add a functionality to Joomla or someone else can do it for him. Joomla has no inherent limitations that restrict users from adding modules as needed. For instance, there are three separate queue implementations that basically do the same thing.
Joomla framework has the following main components
- API layer forms the core of Joomla and added modules or functionality rest on top of this.
- Menu API is responsible for creating the navigation menus and performs the key task of deciding which function should be used to build a page once a url is entered in Joomla.
- Database Abstraction enables queries on any database driver, a function which is further simplified in Joomla 7 equipped with a standard library.
- Session Handling allows tracking of all users logged into Joomla across various web platforms.
- Output Filtering is used to filter out unwanted content
- Caching in Joomla enables storing a page output to make it fast and easy to retrieve a page in case of repeat request.
- Batch Processing allows users to perform other operations while simultaneously reloading pages
- Module system is used to load modules from a folder
- Update system enables users to track which apps or modules are no longer in sync with the Joomla framework with the core
- Unicode utilities ensures that languages other than the main language is interpreted accurately and the function performed is as per request
Although it can be pretty confusing to begin with due to its deeply embedded function stack, Joomla’s inherent ease of customization is what has endeared it to many developers.